2012 has begun, which means New Year’s resolutions! Until last year, I had never been one to make these obligatory goals for myself. However, it was last January that I decided it was time to make a goal and stick to it for one year, which is exactly what I did!
I made a list of 21 books to finish within 2011, and I finished that goal on December 28, 2011. That is not to say that I ONLY read 21 books in 2011, but rather, I made the list to keep myself accountable and ensure that I read the specific books I had been wanting to read for awhile.
This year, my goals are:
-Read 20 books by January 1, 2013
1) Mother Angelica’s Little Book of Life Lessons and Everyday Spirituality edited by Raymond Arroyo
2) Bossypants by Tina Fey
3) The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver (I am rereading this book)
4) A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
5) Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin
6) Something Blue by Emily Giffin
7) Steve Jobs by Walter Issacson
8) Find Your Inner Ugly Betty: 25 Career Lessons for Young Professionals Inspired by TV Shows by Tanner Stransky
9) The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
10) A Stolen Life: A Memoir by Jaycee Lee Dugard
11) An Unfinished Life: John F. Kennedy, 1917 – 1963 by Robert Dallek
12) Are You There, Vodka? It’s Me, Chelsea by Chelsea Handler
13) The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
14) Moby Dick by Herman Melville
15) The Bean Trees by Barbara Kingsolver
16) The Marriage Plot by Jeffery Eugenides
17) The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank
18) The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
19) Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
20) Eleanor Rigby by Douglas Coupland
–Write in this blog at least three times per week!
–Completely use up six eye shadows
So these are my resolutions! I’m confident I can follow through with these, and I will most definitely notify you of my progress throughout the year.
Thanks for reading! What are your New Year’s Resolutions?